Voting

Monday, September 1, 2008

New House!!


We finally sold our condo and bought a town house. The official date was July 30,2008. However, we couldn't move in until the 5th of August. It was a big effort supported by the help of my wonderful friends! Thanks guys, I couldn't have done it without you. To finish off the move, Scotty decided I needed more stress in my life and broke the van. He broke the turn signal, and $325 later, we have a new turn signal. Lesson: Children don't listen. Rule #1 of the day was No Playing in the Van! I needed 15 minutes to load the final items and mop the floor. While we were at Schucks trying to figure out the the problem, we had a freak rain storm with thunder and lightning. In Anchorage, thunder and lightning are rare. It really matched my mood!


We are finally in our place. Shane has been emptying our storage units. We have been painting and organizing. Both kids have their own room and a shared bathroom. But, they feel the need to always be in mine. It took forever to get phone, Internet, and TV. It is sad how dependant on technology we are! We are enjoying it so far. I love the bar stools!

3 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I love new houses but hate moving. Cleaning and packing are the worst! Hope you're finally getting settled. It seems like it takes forever.

Smedley Family said...

Karen, im so excited for you! It looks so cute!

Cheryl said...

Hi Karen! Congratulations on the new house!! Where is it?? I can't believe how big Sarah and Scotty are!!

I hope you don't mind me posting. I found your blog and just loved catching up on your family!